Monday, April 12, 2010

day twelve

I took the weekend off as it was my roommates boyfriends birthday weekend. Did a little too much partying. (For me, since i'm not much of a drinker, that simply means staying up too late watching horror movies and eating way too much junk food. Believe me, it gives you a different kind of hangover!)
But i'm back.
I was worried. I like writing everyday and think i am finally in the groove to do just that. I found without it i was more depressed. (or maybe that was the excess junk food!) I was scared that after going two whole days without writing as much as a sentence i wouldn't be able to get my writing groove back on.
Happily, i was wrong. It was choppier than normal at first. But i found it was not unlike my first day of writing. Once it started to flow. It really flowed. And the great thing was, it WAS like writing the first day. That first session i wrote more words than any writing session that followed. If you can believe it, it actually came even faster tonight and i came dangerously close to the same number of words.
Because i have been padding my words each day going above my goals, i wasn't too worried about making my 20,000 count by Thursday, but i had hoped to pad the total even more.
I'm very excited to report tonight i wrote 2013 words! (800+ words over the daily goal) Back on track feels good.
The next few days i have scheduled out actual writing time. Trying to see if i can discipline myself a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment