I started another novel this month. YAY!!! A friend and I are trying to both meet the challenge. It's exciting and fun to say the least. This time i entered into the task slightly different than i did back in April. (April was it... wow, time flies) Last time, when i wrote "Don't Know if You Noticed...But" i had done full sketches on all the characters. Characters i've actually had swimming in my head for over a year now. I knew them like i knew the back of my hand, and i knew the story was about (yes, i can talk about that one now) how a family and a community really, deals with the suicide of the a father. Nothing overly dramatic, if you know me (and if you're reading this i assume you do) it's nowhere near as fantastical as the stuff usually mulling around my brain. (No creepy ghosts, vampires, flesh eating virus's you know, the scary stuff.) It was't scary but writing it was. It was a challenge i gave myself and i did it... and it was actually a lot easier than i thought it would be.
This time however, i went into the novel virtually blind. I found an idea two days before hand on which to base the story and just went with it. Allowed my creative juices graced upon my by my artistic mother and incredibly gifted writer father flow.
Well, I'm happy to say, flow they did! This month i'm very excited about what's coming out onto the pages. In my opinion, it's far better than April's expedition. It is still a rough first draft, but i think i'm improving, which is, after all the point of the challenges.
This month my characters are all named after people in my life, or mostly rather people pereffially in my life. All my nieces and nephews namesakes are in there. Same with my aunts and uncles, even my dad and step mom have characters named in their honor.
I've also taken to name some after my friends children, kids i've never even met for the most part, but love dearly because i love my friends! EVERY CHARACTER, no matter how small is named after someone... which is a first for me. It has endured me to the characters even more! Even tho the characters in most cases are nothing like their namesakes!
It's going well, but i need to get back to it.
Tune in, more to come!!
I cannot wait to read this!!!! Go grrrrly Go!
ReplyDelete